Fusion Studio Works
Horizon - Studio Desk for Consoles
A professional studio production desk for your mixing console or control surface. Minimalist design with zero rack space above the work top
The workstation features a padded arm rest which is aligned flush with the fader surface of your console
Horizon is manufactured in several width and depth configurations according to the dimensions of your console. For details, please refer below to the PDF under the dimensions & Specifications tab. Available in black, white or natural timber finish
Horizon in the Field
An example Horizon built for an Avid S6, 3 foot base system, 3 modules deep.
In this case, the S6 modules have been removed from the factory chassis and positioned within the recess of Horizon, creating a continuous work surface.
Horizon in the Workshop
All Fusion Studio Works furniture is meticulously assembled and then disassembled in the workshop prior to packing and shipping. This allows us to maintain the highest standard of quality control.
Some of Horizon's dimensions are fluid & some are fixed.
The overall width and depth of your Horizon can be determined by utilising the adjacent table in conjunction with the physical dimensions of your console.
Section: Rack Area
Dimension units: mm
- Dimensions are customised to suit your specified console. Refer to the technical drawing under the 'Dimensions & Specifications' tab for details on how to determine the overall dimensions^
- Padded arm rests, premium vinyl cover, 12.5mm foam rubber underlay
- Articulated arm mounting points at rear for computer displays and small speakers
- Recessed console area. Console fader surface is flush with the padded arm rest*
- 4 rack units total, all below work top which suits 'set and forget' equipment such as power distribution units
- In-built cable management
- Made from 18mm birch plywood
*Except for Horizon 'Universal' in which the console area is not recessed. Suits consoles equal to or less than 800mm wide
^There are some physical limitations with regards to maximum overall width of Horizon. If you have a console or modular system greater than 1200mm in width, please select 'Unlisted Console/Equipment’ from the pull down menu, click 'Make an Enquiry' and fill out the contact form from the 'Enquire / Request Shipping Estimate' link
Product dimensions & internal diagrams are detailed in the technical drawing available for download here:
Packing Option #1: 8 individual cardboard cartons
- Carton 1: 16.1kg, 111x25x6cm
- Carton 2: 22kg, 111x23x14cm
- Carton 3: 4.2kg, 112x39x14cm
- Carton 4: 21kg, 111x13x5cm
- Carton 5: 10.7kg, 91x53x7cm
- Carton 6: 21.4kg, 106x71x10cm
- Carton 7: 21.4kg, 106x71x10cm
- Carton 8: 20.7kg, 1192x10x9cm
- Total Weight = 138kg
Packing Option #2: A custom built, plywood shipping crate
Crate specifications: 191.3kg, 120x100x45cm (Euro Standard Pallet Size)