Fusion Studio Works
Binary - for Consoles
A professional studio production desk customised for your particular mixing console or control surface with clean lines and a tough, powder coated steel frame
The workstation features a padded arm rest which is aligned flush with the fader surface of your console
Binary is manufactured in several width and depth configurations according to the dimensions of your console. For details, please refer below to the PDF under the dimensions & Specifications tab. Available in black, white or natural timber finish
Binary in the Field
Got a special customisation requirement? No problem.
An example Binary built for x2 Avid Artist Mix, x1 Artist Control & x1 Avid Artist Transport.
This desk has been customised to allow the consoles to extend into the rack area work tops. The consoles are flanked either side by soft, 'filler' pieces which can be removed in the case the studio acquires more console modules.
Each rack bay has been extended to 6RU and the arm rest is one piece, running the full width of the desk.
Here's what our customer had to say:
"Fusion StudioWorks built a 'Binary' Studio Desk which was customised for my studio. Their build quality and attention to detail are second to none, with great communication through the build process. If you need a Premium Studio Desk these are the guys to contact"
Some of Binary's dimensions are fluid & some are fixed.
The overall width and depth of your Binary can be determined by utilising the adjacent table in conjunction with the physical dimensions of your console
Section: Console Area
Dimension units: mm
- Dimensions are customised to suit your specified console. Refer to the technical drawing under the 'Dimensions & Specifications' tab for details on how to determine the overall dimensions^
- Padded arm rests, premium vinyl cover, 12.5mm foam rubber underlay
- Left & Right side elevated speaker shelves, atop each rack unit
- Articulated arm mounting points at rear for computer displays and small speakers
- Recessed console area. Console fader surface is flush with the padded arm rest*
- In-built cable management
- Rack ventilation
- 12 rack units total. 8RU above work top, 4RU below work top which suits 'set and forget' equipment such as power distribution units
- Made from 18mm birch plywood
- Sturdy, powder coated steel frame
*Except for Binary 'Universal' in which the console area is not recessed. Suits consoles equal to or less than 800mm wide
^There are some physical limitations with regards to maximum overall width of Binary. If you have a console or modular system greater than 1200mm in width, please select 'Unlisted Console/Equipment’ from the pull down menu, click 'Make an Enquiry' and fill out the contact form from the 'Enquire / Request Shipping Estimate' link
Product dimensions & internal diagrams are detailed in the technical drawing available for download here:
Packing Option #1: 9 individual cardboard cartons
- Carton 1: 15.5kg, 106x42x11cm
- Carton 2: 9kg, 112x39x7cm
- Carton 3: 23.5kg, 55x53x16cm
- Carton 4: 4.2kg, 111x13x5cm
- Carton 5: 21kg, 111x23x14cm
- Carton 6: 10.7kg, 111x25x6cm
- Carton 7: 21.4kg, 106x71x10cm
- Carton 8: 21.4kg, 106x71x10cm
- Carton 9: 20.7kg, 192x10x9cm
- Total Weight = 147.5kg
Packing Option #2: A custom built, plywood shipping crate
Crate specifications: 200.8kg, 120x100x45cm (Euro Standard Pallet Size)